Friday 29 March 2013

Black is the new White; White is the new Black


                                 





                         





Fashion Obscura is back for a new season of fashion (minus the March snow)! 
I'm really excited about the spring/summer 2013 trends, and one of my favourite trends is the monochrome look which graced the catwalks of Louis Vuitton in big, bold cheques. I love this look because the simple colour blocking of black and white instantly reminds me of the 1960s Pop Art movement. During this era Twiggy and Edie Sedgwick transformed fashion by mixing bold and bashful prints with contrasting colours. I have always loved this risky look and I'm so happy that its back in fashion. I've recreated this look by mixing a 3D printed H&M shift dress with a pair of vintage stripy Falke tights. Okay so this may not be one of the most wearable looks but I love to play with my wardrobe!

Maddy X


1 comment: