Thursday 22 August 2013

Drastic Plastic







Plastic may not be the first material that comes to mind when you visualise your everyday wardrobe, but believe it or not plastic is this seasons biggest material and look. The runways of Versace, Maison Martin Margeila and Calvin Klein have graced plastic in its full glory ranging from slippery, neon dresses to shiny, baggy jumpers. I love the unique texture of plastic as it instantly adds a quirky yet daring feel to your look. As soon as I caught eyes on this TopShop plastic skirt I knew it had to be mine. I have kept the look quite simple by pairing the skirt with a bold black jumper, chunky flatforms and yes, a toiletry bag- but to be fair it looks identical to a plastic clutch but for a fraction of the price! I've also thrown a piece of netting into the look and transformed it into a piece of facial millinery which imitates the see-through effect of plastic.
Whether you love or hate plastic, you're sure to be dry on a rainy day!

Maddy X

Black jumper- Zara // Plastic skirt- TopShop // Plastic clutch- Boots // Flatforms- Underground Creepers // Face millinery- John Lewis Haberdashery 

4 comments:

  1. this outfit is so cool, wish i could pull this off!

    http://www.freelancedaydreamerfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should definitely try it out, you'll be surprised at how wearable plastic is! X

      Delete
  2. I am completly head over heels in love with your netting on your face, you couldn't do a blog post about that? I would love to be able to make something like this!
    http://lilyobertelli.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya Lily! Glad you like it, the netting is very easy to create but I shall blog about it very soon! Bare with me as I'm knees deep with uni stuff but I shall blog about it soon :)
      X

      Delete