Wednesday 12 February 2014

Hot off the Press: Fashion Obscura in Time Out Magazine



I'm in Time Out Magazine! Its quite surreal seeing yourself in a 'local' magazine that you've grown up reading. Its even funnier when you're packed in a carriage during rush hour and everyone is clutching a magazine with your photo in it.
The back story to this article happened a few weeks ago when I was running frantically late for my lesson at Central Saint Martins. That morning as I ran out of the front door, I literally threw on my Typical Freaks skirt and jumper set with my beloved TopShop coat. However, as I was sprinting into the entrance of my school I got stopped by a photographer who asked to take a photo of my outfit for an article about four upcoming fashion trends which apparently I was (unintentionally) wearing all at once. Thinking it was a quick "street style" look for a school project I was going to pass, but as soon as the photographer said she was from Time Out I couldn't exactly turn it down; its not everyday that you're late for lesson because you got photographed for London's most popular free magazine publication!

I love the finished article as its basically a "Look Book" of Central Saint Martin's style. I always get asked what people wear at my school and this article is a pretty good summary as it features a good selection of typical "art school" looks which include thrift shop finds, urban designer labels and home-made pieces by the students themselves, including my naive monster face bag. One aspect that I do appreciate about my school is the versatility of style- even when I'm head over heals with deadlines I am instantly revitalised by an outfit I might see in the corridor or the creativity and commitment of a students hard work.

One thing that I've learnt from this experience is to dress well at ALL times. The world is a catwalk- you never know what might just happen...

Maddy X


p.s I'd like to thank Kerry Potter and Jean Goldsmith behind this article!





1 comment:

  1. Congratulations dear! I am so not surprised since your style is everything; perfect, unique, simply brilliant. I am so happy that I found your blog and I can't wait to see the next post xx

    fashionvitae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete